Thursday, March 24, 2011

Taste of the Real world!


Well, its spring break this week, and its my first time that I have not been able to go anywhere! In the past years I have gone to Memphis multiple times, Colorado three times and New Mexico last year.  Memphis is where some of my family lives so when I was in High School that's always where my family and I went. We would go shopping, to the Zoo, have a family dinner out on Beale Street, do something different everyday. When I got to college, I started going with my church's college group at SAU on Mission trips to a Mountain States Children's home in Longmont, Co. We stayed with the kids in houses and had so much fun playing football and whatever else we could think up. We would stay at the children's home the first part of the week then the last part we would drive to Glenwood Springs to go Skiing at Sunlight Ski Lodge. This year instead of going to Colorado we were going to Chicago to work with the homeless, several different food banks and then for a day go shopping and do the whole tourist thing. Last year I went to see my boyfriend at that time's parents place in Logan, New Mexico. It was so much fun, we went and rode snow mobiles which was so much fun!
 Then we went snow skiing which would be my 3rd time to go and I loved it! Also I had an opportunity to go with my group of friends from ULM in Monroe to St. Louis, also a mission trip. Did I get to go on these trips though? Nope! I am in Magnolia, Arkansas! Waking up to a house, normally, very active in the morning, to no one up other than myself, all the lights still turned off just like if I had woken up early on a Saturday. I am the only one getting up and go to work my 8-5 job which I do love, but I'm not going to say that being in Chicago or St. Louis would not have been a lot better. I am coming to figure out that being in the real world is not what it seems and does suck sometimes. I have to keep thinking though that I'm making that money. When everyone else is trying to get all the money back that they spent this week on their trips I'll be there just getting paid. I will say this though, I am SO ready to have all of my friends back in town! When you live in a little 14,000 population city that has a college, it almost becomes a ghost town. So to say the least I am ready for Spring Break to be over!

No comments:

Post a Comment