Thursday, May 26, 2011

Bayou Country Superfest!!!

This weekend I will be in Baton Rouge at Bayou Country Superfest!! I have not been this excited for something in a LONG time!! This is my status on facebook: What do Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney, Sugarland, Zac Brown Band, Trace Adkins, Billy Currington, Luke Bryan, Jason Michael Carroll, Josh Thompson, and Lee Brice allll have in common??? I get to see them this weekend!! Bayou Country Fest here I come!! I have always wanted to go to CMA Fest in Nashville, but, I have never been able to either get the money to go or had the time off from work to spare. So my awesome friend, Doug Hogan, asked me about 4 or 5 months ago if I wanted to go with him and some of his friends to this Bayou Country Superfest. I had never heard of it, but once he told me who all would be there to perform, I was on board IMMEDIATELY!! I love country music so he knew this would be right up my alley. Well today is Thursday and I will be heading to meet everyone in Monroe when I get off work, I will not be taking a lunch so I can leave an hour early! Which means I will get there about 5:30! This is going to be the longest day for sure! I have been looking forward to this trip for the past 5 months!

The plan is to get up and leave early Friday morning then, when we get to Baton Rouge that afternoon, we are going to a water park called Blue Bayou! We will probably stay there until that night and then that night I am sure we will go to New Orleans and go to Bourbon street, a few people are wanting to get tattoo's so that will be fun I think! Then Saturday the concerts don't start until about 4 that afternoon, but tailgating we start at 11 that morning. I am sure Sunday would be the same way. I am just so excited about going to New Orleans and Baton Rouge, I have never been this far South. I love to travel so I can NOT wait! Pictures to come!!!

The Girls and some random guy that jumped in the picture
Me and Webb ready to go out on Bourban Street!

Me and my girl Jennifer!
Crazy amount of people on Bourban!


Me and Jennifer the first day of Bayou Fest
Me and Doug!! 
There are SO many more pictures but I don't think I can upload over 230 pictures on here! I had such a great time! Got to see so many good concerts and hung out with some pretty awesome people! The water park was a lot of fun! We stayed there for hours! Bourban street was CRAZY!! So much fun tho! All the concerts and the performers was the highlight for me tho, I am a big country buff so I was just like a little kid in a candy store! Hope I get to go back next year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment