Thursday, April 28, 2011

Rain Rain GO AWAY!!


So the past week has been absolutely CRAZY! On Monday and Tuesday the tornado sirens when off in Magnolia. If you know me, you know that I HATE tornado's, even worse than that I hate the siren! Well every Monday night I have a girls night at Leslie's so we can watch our show (Secretlife of an American Teenager). Well the show had just gone off and we were all just hanging around like we always do when the sirens start going off! We really didn't think it was for real because we looked outside and it wasn't raining or anything! Well we all start getting a little scared so Momma Kathy told all 4 of us to get into Allison's TINY bathroom! To get our minds off of us being totally scared we took pictures and again if you know me, you know that I love to take pictures so of course that was gonna get my mind off things! Well long story short, nothing ended up happening but many of sheets of rain!

Tuesday night I was at home and dad told us to get ready cause we are about to go to the football stadium for safety because its just a big concrete block so we were in one of the locker rooms waiting out the storm. There was a TV in there so we were watching Pirates of the Carribbean. It was my Dad, Mom, little Sister and I there plus another coaches family. We stayed there for about an hour and a half and then we got the all clear from dad. Yet again nothing happened! Although nothing happened here in Magnolia, a lot happened in other places in Arkansas. According to Yahoo, places like Vilonia, a town of some 3,000 people north of Little Rock, one death was confirmed and between 50 to 80 houses were destroyed by the tornado, according to Faulkner County emergency management. Police reported a path of destruction half a mile wide. I think we all need to take time and think about the families and communities that have been affected by these storms. Also if we were not effected by the storms except for rain we really need to take a time to be thankful that we were so lucky! Keep all those effected in your prayers!


No comments:

Post a Comment